Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: One of 2 Orbi satellites shows offline

Lizardfish
Follower

One of 2 Orbi satellites shows offline

Newly bought Orbi system, less than a week, setup and working was no problem, suddenly a satellite shows offline yesterday, rounder and another satellite was ok.

All clients connected to the offline one, has no internet access, and will not switch. Power off/on this satellite alone fix the problem.

Firware are the latest, am worrying the stability of the Orbi system. I were using R8000 router, never requires a single reboot for months... What to look at? Still within returning window... thanks a lot!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Netgear provides 90 days of "complimentary support" with new Orbi purchases.  When you register the product, there is a link on the registration web page to contact support.  If you decide to call them, please come back and report how it went.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded? 

What Firmware is loaded on the RBS? Should be the same and whats loaded on the RBR.

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

@Lizardfish wrote:

Newly bought Orbi system, less than a week, setup and working was no problem, suddenly a satellite shows offline yesterday, rounder and another satellite was ok.

All clients connected to the offline one, has no internet access, and will not switch. Power off/on this satellite alone fix the problem.

Firware are the latest, am worrying the stability of the Orbi system. I were using R8000 router, never requires a single reboot for months... What to look at? Still within returning window... thanks a lot!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7