Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One of my RBS50 on ethernet backhual has flaky connection

printgeek
Aspirant

One of my RBS50 on ethernet backhual has flaky connection

I have an RBR50 and 2 RBS50 satellites that are connected via ethernet backhual directly to the RBR50. The RBR50 is in AP mode and connected to a gigabit router which is getting internet and DHCP via a dedicated firewall. Everything was working beautifully until about 2 months ago after I powered up one of the satellites after being turned off for about two weeks. After trying several times to get it to sync I ended up setting it all up from scratch and it worked great for a few more weeks until we had a power outage last week.

This is what I'm seeing right now; In the basic web setup it shows 2 satellites connected, connection type wired, backhaul status good. When I go to Firmware update one of my satellites says "Waiting for connection," and in the iPhone app that same satellite has a magenta circle next to its name and when I click it it says "No connected Device Found" even though I know it has a Roku plugged into it. When I turn it off and back on again I get a slow flashing white ring, and then rapid flashing white for a few seconds, and then the light goes out.

This is all exactly how it was the last time it got out of sync and I ended up having to set it all up from scratch, but I'd like to avoid having to do that.

I purchased these from Costco, so theres a very good chance if it is busted that I can go get it replaced.

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: One of my RBS50 on ethernet backhual has flaky connection

Download the FW file for the RBS50 and log in to the Orbi2 web page at 192.168.2.116 and manually apply the FW update there. 

Get the file from here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-Orbi-50-series-Firmware-Version-2-5-1-32-FW-Release/m-p/19...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Manually download FW file for the RBS and use the RBS web page to apply the FW update if the FW is out of sync or not the same as on the other units. 

Message 2 of 4
printgeek
Aspirant

When I click the manual update button the only device that shows is the satellite that is already working. See attached screenshots

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Download the FW file for the RBS50 and log in to the Orbi2 web page at 192.168.2.116 and manually apply the FW update there. 

Get the file from here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-Orbi-50-series-Firmware-Version-2-5-1-32-FW-Release/m-p/19...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7