Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ongoing Issues/bugs with Orbi RBK/RBS 50

pablohoney
Luminary

Ongoing Issues/bugs with Orbi RBK/RBS 50

I think this needs a constant/ongoing thread as every-time the “geniuses” at Netgear update the firmware version it breaks something in the setup.

Nothing has changed in my setup or previous settings so it must be a bug in each and every subsequent firmware version.

What is happening in the latest version is connection drops on all devices while the Orbi app and logging into the router reports everything as connected/online etc...

I have to hit on the “apply” tab in the router settings to get everything going again.

Really pissing me off. Feel free to add your own woes after updating firmware where your setup/settings have not changed thus showing that it is buggy firmware.

I will then send a link of this thread to the Netgear CEO to sort out.
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Ongoing Issues/bugs with Orbi RBK/RBS 50

are you doing 'auto' or 'manual' updates?

Message 2 of 6
pablohoney
Luminary

It should not matter if it was auto or manually updated now should it?  It was a manual update.

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

it does in your case.  

the question becomes why did you perform a update?

after years of listening to people whine about the forced updates, NG apparently changed their policy to where the only updates that are pushed (auto) are those with major changes.  All others may not be required.  This follows the line of thought..."if it's working, leave it alone".

have fun!

Message 4 of 6
docktahdandb
Guide

Well maybe people wouldn't whine about the updates if they weren't being delivered crap, you NG cuck.

Message 5 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @pablohoney

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7