Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Online Firmware Update 2.3.5.30

sboi
Initiate

Online Firmware Update 2.3.5.30

I tried to update firmware for hte Orbi RBR50 and RBS50 today via the online tool. As noted in the easy to follow instructions, available firmware came up for both (V2.3.5.30) and I hit Update all button. The RBS50 updated within 2 min, but the RBR50 has been in "updating" mode for nearly an hour. Is this normal? If it doesn't switch to off, will the firmware not work?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
sboi
Initiate

Re: Online Firmware Update 2.3.5.30

got it; It appears the web page just wouldn't refresh from "updating" I logged in from a different page and things were stated as "up to date" 

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Might be a good time to power cycle the Orbi router.  i.e. press the power button, wait a few seconds, and then press it again.

When it comes back up, what firmware does it report for the router and satellites?

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset as last resort...

@sboi wrote:

I tried to update firmware for hte Orbi RBR50 and RBS50 today via the online tool. As noted in the easy to follow instructions, available firmware came up for both (V2.3.5.30) and I hit Update all button. The RBS50 updated within 2 min, but the RBR50 has been in "updating" mode for nearly an hour. Is this normal? If it doesn't switch to off, will the firmware not work?

Message 3 of 5
sboi
Initiate

got it; It appears the web page just wouldn't refresh from "updating" I logged in from a different page and things were stated as "up to date" 

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to make a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7