Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Open a ports

Salito
Follower

Open a ports

When I first bought my Orbi I set up using ios app. Know I want to open a port for my new nas drive. The ios app wont do it. so I log in into orbilogin.com. I enter admin and my pasword, and I also log in as the server name and pasword I have on it. 

Both ways wont let me log in.

I have no ideal how to get in or use the ios app to open a port.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Open a ports

@Salito wrote:

When I first bought my Orbi I set up using ios app. Know I want to open a port for my new nas drive. The ios app wont do it. so I log in into orbilogin.com. I enter admin and my pasword, and I also log in as the server name and pasword I have on it. 

Both ways wont let me log in.

I have no ideal how to get in or use the ios app to open a port.

There are two issues:

1. The Orbi "app" cannot forward a port.  The "app" does not have access to any of the Orbi "Advanced" features.  Only the Orbi web administration can do this.
  2. orbilogin.net ( or any of the aliases such as orbilogin.com, routerlogin.com, etc) requires login credentials different from the "app" login credentials.  The web version needs a user ID of "admin" and the web password.  The Orbi "app" uses Netgear login credentials which are an email address and a password.  They are not the same.

I am embarassed to say that I originally set up my Orbi using the web administration four years ago (before the Orbi "app" existed) so I have been using "admin" and the admin password for years.  I have no idea how this works if an Orbi has been set up using only the "app".  Was there some point during the process where you created a web password separate from the app login?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7