Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OpenVPN Error: mbed TLS: SSL read errr : x509 with Orbi and iPhone App v3.0.1 (770)

jbasen
Aspirant

OpenVPN Error: mbed TLS: SSL read errr : x509 with Orbi and iPhone App v3.0.1 (770)

I found several posts with this same problem but they were all related to the OpenVPN android app and the problem seemed to be fixed with an update to the App.  I'm having the same problem with the iPhone app when I try to connect to my Orbi.  Any assistance on how this can be solved would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: OpenVPN Error: mbed TLS: SSL read errr : x509 with Orbi and iPhone App v3.0.1 (770)

@jbasen

Thank you for the information and thank you for mentioning that you replicated the issue on your wife's phone. I have sent you a message. 

~Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 7
jbasen
Aspirant

Thanks @Christian_R

Unfortunately, I'm having the issue connecting to an Orbi RBR50.  It is good to know that it works with the Nighthawk R7800

Thanks again

Message 3 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jbasen

What firmware is your Orbi on? Have you tried reinstalling and installing the Orbi app? 

~Christian 

Message 4 of 7
jbasen
Aspirant

Thanks @Christian_R

My Orbi router and satellite are both on firmware V2.1.4.16, which I believe is the latest.  The Orbi app is working fine for me.  The problem occurs when I use the OpenVPN app to create a VPN tunnel over the Internet to my local, home network.  OpenVPN is the app that is supported by Netgear for createing a secure tunnel to an Orbi router.  I'm not sure if there is support for other client VPN apps with your Nighthawk router.  This has been a problem for a while for me that I have been ignoring until now.  I first noticed the problem with the prior version of the OpenVPN iPhone app and the problem persists with the latest release.  I have not yet tried reinstalling the OpenVPN app. 

Thanks again for your help 

Message 5 of 7
jbasen
Aspirant

I forgot to mention that I have duplicated the exact same problem with my wife's iphone

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jbasen

Thank you for the information and thank you for mentioning that you replicated the issue on your wife's phone. I have sent you a message. 

~Christian 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7