Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OpenVPN working after 2.1.4 firmware upgrade?

twynne
Apprentice

OpenVPN working after 2.1.4 firmware upgrade?

Hi all,

My Orbi system updated itself with the firmware on Saturday afternoon (28th April) and afterward I again downloaded the Mac and iPhone OpenVPN profiles to the respective devices.  In subsequent testing, I'm not seeing any device able to establish a VPN connection using OpenVPN.

Is anyone seeing differently - ie. is OpenVPN working for you after the firmware upgrade?

Thanks!

Model: RBK43| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
Jeremyinsf
Apprentice

Re: OpenVPN working after 2.1.4 firmware upgrade?

Mine works fine.  

(One of the few things that has been reliable)

Message 2 of 6
twynne
Apprentice

Interesting... Connection fails completely here. Mine is configured to use UDP and send all network traffic. Is yours the same?
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a full reboot of the ISP modem and Orbi router system.

If still nothing, you might try a factory reset on the Orbi system and set up from scratch...

If it still won't work, you might try reverting back to last working version of FW...

@twynne wrote:

Hi all,

My Orbi system updated itself with the firmware on Saturday afternoon (28th April) and afterward I again downloaded the Mac and iPhone OpenVPN profiles to the respective devices.  In subsequent testing, I'm not seeing any device able to establish a VPN connection using OpenVPN.

Is anyone seeing differently - ie. is OpenVPN working for you after the firmware upgrade?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
twynne
Apprentice

Thanks.

For info, there is no ISP modem.  The Orbi plugs directly into the broadband (we have fibre directly into the property).  

I've already restarted the Orbi.. made no difference.

Not (yet) willing to try reflashing or factory reset until other options are exhausted.  Just too extreme, too much risk, and too much hassle to manually reconfigure everything.  The ticket is open with Netgear so maybe that will turn up something.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Hopefully NG support can offer additional help and info...

@twynne wrote:

Thanks.

For info, there is no ISP modem.  The Orbi plugs directly into the broadband (we have fibre directly into the property).  

I've already restarted the Orbi.. made no difference.

Not (yet) willing to try reflashing or factory reset until other options are exhausted.  Just too extreme, too much risk, and too much hassle to manually reconfigure everything.  The ticket is open with Netgear so maybe that will turn up something.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7