Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Optimal Home Set up (AC1600 C6250, RBR20, Sonos)

wtgannon
Follower

Optimal Home Set up (AC1600 C6250, RBR20, Sonos)

So I consider myself fairly tech savy but I'll admit, trying to configure the optimal home set up is baffling me. 

Brief history - I've had this setup (Netgear AC1600 Model C6250 wifi modem/router, an Orbi RBR20 with two satellites, and 5 Sonos speakers) for a while. The reason I wanted to try and reconfigure is because I could never get all 5 speakers to play at the same time and they kept skipping.

So today I reset to factory settings and reinstalled everything. I set up the AC1600 first to factory settings. Then I installed the Orbi and changed it to AP/Bridge mode. Then set up the Sonos and everything appears to be working. But I have three different wifi networks that I can currently connect to, while previously I had the same components with only one option.

But my main question is, what are the best settings to have the AC1600 and Orbi RBR20 set to to optimize by home internet (have about 18 devices connected) speed and function? Any other Sonos tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Optimal Home Set up (AC1600 C6250, RBR20, Sonos)

If you search in sonos's forums, its rife with issues when connected to mesh systems. 

What I'd do first (if it was me) is setting the C6250 in modem only mode (the orbi's wifi is much better) and the orbi in router mode. 

During the setup of the sonos, power off the satellites for the orbi. From what I've seen on sonos's forums is its an issue with sonos connecting to satellites or when their bridge connects to a satellite. I'd try that first. 

If it doesn't work, try going back to how you had it (C6250 in router mode and orbi in AP mode). Then power off the orbi and connect the sonos devices to just the c6250. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7