Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Optimal connectivity

ErwinvanGulik
Follower

Optimal connectivity

Dear reader,

I bougth the ORBI RBR 50 system with Two satellites.

Router is at base Floor, first satelitte is at first Floor (wired), second satelitte at the second Floor (wireless).

I have the impression that a device like laptop is automatically connected to the router/ satelitte that makes the best connection.

I have Two questions:

1. Can I manually select the Access point to connect to? If so, how?

2. In case an Access point fails connection, does the system automatically reconnect to another Access point which is available at that moment?

big Thanks in advance,

erwin van gulik

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

@ErwinvanGulik wrote:

Dear reader,

I have Two questions:

2. In case an Access point fails connection, does the system automatically reconnect to another Access point which is available at that moment?

No, the Orbi that has the strongest signal to the device, is the one the device will connect to.

If one satellite fails, and the other satellite is close enough for a connection, the device will connect to that satellite.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

@ErwinvanGulik wrote:

Dear reader,

I have Two questions:

No, the Orbi that has the strongest signal to the device, is the one the device will connect to.

If one satellite fails, and the other satellite is close enough for a connection, the device will connect to that satellite.

Message 2 of 3

@ErwinvanGulik wrote:

If you can explain why you want to do this, perhaps someone can offer a suggestion.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7