Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Option to ENABLE SSID Gone?

yapishkahilt
Aspirant

Option to ENABLE SSID Gone?

I've got an RBR20 router and disabled SSID broadcast a while back. I've been having issues with IoT devices staying connected and would like to re-enable SSID broadcast as a troubleshooting measure. However, all SSID options for the wireless network are gone both under Basic and Advanced Wireless, yet the ability to enable or disable SSID broadcast remains under the Guest Network options. The SSID broadcast options were gone in firmware V2.3.5.26 that I was running until today, and having just updated the firmware, I see that they're still gone in the current firmware V2.3.5.30. Have they moved the SSID broadcast settings or just removed them? If the latter, does NG expect people with hidden SSIDs to start from scratch and reset their networks to factory default in order to start broadcasting the SSID again?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Option to ENABLE SSID Gone?

On my Orbi RBR50, running the latest firmware 2.5.1.8, SSID broadcast control remains available, on the

Advanced Tab-->Advanced Setup-->Wireless.

SSID Broadcast.PNG

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

On my Orbi RBR50, running the latest firmware 2.5.1.8, SSID broadcast control remains available, on the

Advanced Tab-->Advanced Setup-->Wireless.

SSID Broadcast.PNG

Message 2 of 4

Same place RBR40.

Message 3 of 4
yapishkahilt
Aspirant

Thanks! I think that maybe I checked that area before doing the update but not after. Much appreciated, huge hassle avoided.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7