Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OrbI RSR50 - simple one? how to change attached device ip

alphabeta77
Tutor

OrbI RSR50 - simple one? how to change attached device ip

Hi all,

Quick one I hope - I've got various devices that I'm assigning fix IP addresses to and all's fine except the devices don't move to the new IP address. Eventually they seem to (ie many days/weeks later), but that's not ideal.

Is there a way in the Orbi Router admin to force a reset of assigned IP for a device or to shove it to the right IP?

I can't quite figure out how Orbi is deciding to renew/refresh the IP lease and therefore not able to trigger it!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: OrbI RSR50 - simple one? how to change attached device ip

After defining reserved IP addresses for devices, be sure to click the "Apply" button so that the DHCP server is restarted on the Orbi to publish the new IP addresses to devices.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

After defining reserved IP addresses for devices, be sure to click the "Apply" button so that the DHCP server is restarted on the Orbi to publish the new IP addresses to devices.

Message 2 of 3
alphabeta77
Tutor

Ah, super - knew it was something I was missing - wasn't clear from the UI that apply meant it'd flush the DHCP leases - perfect. Thanks for this

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7