Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi 08 system Purpose

Marmar5051
Follower

Orbi 08 system Purpose

I have the Orbi 08 (RBR50) system with the extender (RBS50) also. When I purchased it and set it up I was under the impression it was not a stand alone router but had to be hooked through my Netgear C6300 Modem to be operational. When I purchased the Orbi 08 system I thought I was upgrading my current modem (c6300) to a better system. But when I got it all out to set it up it showed it needing to be wired to the other modem.  I don't know why I am now 2nd guessing this because I have had it running that way since it was purchased many months ago. But my question is, does the RBR50 need the additional modem (example C6300) in order to operate? I am just wanting to make sure I am operating my system as efficiently as possible. I am still trying to understand the purpose of the Orbi08 system if it still needs to run through another modem.  Just wanting the best experience for my home network. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer me.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi 08 system Purpose

The Orbi systems are stand alone router/wifi MESH networking systems. The 50 series and other series models do not incorporate a ISP Modem as of yet. So your Orbi system needs to be connected to an ISP modem/ONT device to get internet services.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7