Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi : 1Gbs limitation

lowrisk
Tutor

Orbi : 1Gbs limitation

I bought a NETGEAR RBK53 a while ago, on Amazon it’s advertised as a 3gb/s device.

Although I just realise, the LAN and WAN is obviously limited to 1gb/s so what the point of all that ?

I have a Synology DS918+ with a 2Gb/s connection, but I will never have something fast as the Orbi will have 1gb/s -all the other network device.

Actually doing a iperf test the result is very bad from 30 mbs to 260 in the best case.

Is there anyway to do a link agrégation on the Orbi to bypass this?
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi : 1Gbs limitation

Marketing. Its a combination of all the wireless connection rates into one on the box speed rating. "Stream and game even faster with up to 3 Gbps combined WiFi speed 2.4GHz (400Mbps) + 5GHz (866Mbps) for WiFi devices to connect to the Internet 5GHz (1733Mbps) dedicated WiFi link for faster data connections between Orbi router and Orbi Satellite"

Over all current wifi routers are limited at the 1Gb max since RJ45 ports are maxed at 1000Mb. Were all waiting on 10Gb RJ45 ports and customer support. Mostly seen at the Enterprise level. 

Message 2 of 4
lowrisk
Tutor

Thank you for your reply, that’s make sense.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements