Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi 2.1.4.10 RBR40 Connectivity Issues with 4th Gen AppleTV iOS 11.3.4

Georgekoch3
Aspirant

Orbi 2.1.4.10 RBR40 Connectivity Issues with 4th Gen AppleTV iOS 11.3.4

Can I do something to fix this issue? Constant buffering on various apps on my AppleTV and this is after the iOS update for 11.3.4 that just released today.

My only choice is to take this back and get something else if there isn’t a fix.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

If the ATV was working before it's update then isn't after, I would presume there is a problem with the iOS update. You might contact Apple support and ask about this.

Message 2 of 4
Georgekoch3
Aspirant

Apologies on the confusion and thank you for the response. I recently purchased my Orbi a couple of days ago and the issue was occurring under both iOS 11.3 and 11.4. I put the updated version in to demonstrate that all available updates that I thought were out there have been applied and have not changed the behavior.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Need to find out if the ATV is connecting to the 5Ghz radio or 2.4Ghz radio.

Might try disabling beamforming, MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming and see if this helps any.

What version of FW is the Orbi router using?

Is the ATV connected to the router or a satellite? Try disabling the satellite temporarily.

What is the distance between the ATV and router?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7