Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi 2 Satellites not showing up on iOS apps

armoredsaint
Apprentice

Orbi 2 Satellites not showing up on iOS apps

I have the 3 pack from Costco, been fine for the first month, but now the 2 satellites don’t show up on the app on the iPhone and iPad. But if I log in from my desktop using a browser it works and I know it’s connected too. 

All FW matches and everything is up to date too. 

Sadly another glitchy software issue like their Arlo. 

Message 1 of 17
tsutaz
Guide

I have the same problem since upgrading the Orbi Router to latest firmware. My 2 satellites do not show up on connected devices when I log into the Orbi router nor do they show up on the iphone Orbi app.
Message 2 of 17
pmymmw
Aspirant

Same problem for me. Worked fine when I had 1 satellite but when I added a second neither showed up in the app. Looks like a bug with the iOS app
Message 3 of 17
tagteam
Virtuoso

In the event the attached image does not appear, although I don't see the satellites in the device list, I do see the number of satellites at the top of the home page in the iOS app.

Message 4 of 17
armoredsaint
Apprentice

I don’t see it on the homepage either after the app update. Netgear makes good hardware, but terrible software and support like all their products.
Message 5 of 17
tagteam
Virtuoso

@armoredsaint wrote:
I don’t see it on the homepage either after the app update. Netgear makes good hardware, but terrible software and support like all their products.

What, exactly, do you see on the home page? I presume that you are, in fact, using the actual Orbi app (and not something like Netgear Genie) and the Orbi app on my iPhone shows the following on the upper right side of the screen:

Internet:

Satellites:

What appears on the home page of your Orbi app?

Message 6 of 17
armoredsaint
Apprentice

the same as yours except my Satellites will say: 0

but again on the desktop browser, it will show both satellites. 

Message 7 of 17
tagteam
Virtuoso

armoredsaint wrote:

the same as yours except my Satellites will say: 0

That certainly is weird. In the Orbi app, do you see your satellites listed in the "About" section (hit the four-bar menu in the upper left corner on the home page and then "About")?

Message 8 of 17
ChipParson
Aspirant

The model number of the Rounter is RBR40 per the APP.  It's not in the pull down list.

I'm having the exact same problem.  They showed up originally but dropped off with Internet Online, Sataellites 0.  Only see the router in the about pull down.

Model: RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 9 of 17
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ChipParson

Have you used the web GUI to see if they show up there to test if its just a display bug in the IOS version?

DarrenM

Message 10 of 17
ChipParson
Aspirant

It appears to be limited to IOS.  They don’t show up on my iPhone or iPad but if I log into thee GUI they show up there.  It’s strange that they showed up when I first set up the network.  Then they disappeared.  I know they are working and both are linked into the router using 5G.

Message 11 of 17
ChipParson
Aspirant

Here is a screen shot.

Message 12 of 17
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Thanks for sharing the screen shot.

DarrenM

Message 13 of 17
ChipParson
Aspirant

DarrenM - Is there anything that I should try?  I upgraded to the latest IOS release when it came out the other day and still the same issue.

Message 14 of 17
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ChipParson

We are releasing a new firmware this week what FW version are you using?

DarrenM

Message 15 of 17
Porterhouse0
Aspirant

Mine just says...
"satellites: N/A"
The blue light is on so I know the router is seeing the satellite. But it's not showing on the app that I have a satellite connected. If the network map is supposed to show a satellite...that is also not showing a satellite

Message 16 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Try removing the app from the phone, reboot the phone then re-install the app and set up from scratch...

@Porterhouse0 wrote:
Mine just says...
"satellites: N/A"
The blue light is on so I know the router is seeing the satellite. But it's not showing on the app that I have a satellite connected. If the network map is supposed to show a satellite...that is also not showing a satellite

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7