Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 25 and Mac Mail - hours of tech support, no solution.

fbarnako
Follower

Orbi 25 and Mac Mail - hours of tech support, no solution.

I am unable to add email accounts to Mac Mail.  My web hoster/email provider is IONOS.  When I try and add my IONOS email accounts to Mac Mail nothing 'takes'.  IONOS says Apple is not connecting to its IMAP server; Apple says it's all good on their end.  The accounts work on Webmail/IONOS but I can't get them Mac Mail.

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi 25 and Mac Mail - hours of tech support, no solution.

@fbarnako wrote:

I am unable to add email accounts to Mac Mail.  My web hoster/email provider is IONOS.  When I try and add my IONOS email accounts to Mac Mail nothing 'takes'.  IONOS says Apple is not connecting to its IMAP server; Apple says it's all good on their end.  The accounts work on Webmail/IONOS but I can't get them Mac Mail.

IONOS provides general parameters for IMAP clients here: https://www.ionos.com/help/email/general-topics/settings-for-your-email-programs-imap-pop3/ , and there is a tutorial at https://www.ionos.com/help/email/other-email-programs/set-up-an-email-account-in-apple-mail/ 

Assuming that you are following these directions, where does the setup fail, and what is the specific error message?  (A screen shot might help.)

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi 25 and Mac Mail - hours of tech support, no solution.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@fbarnako wrote:

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7