Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 4GX Router with Satellite

Mullane
Aspirant

Orbi 4GX Router with Satellite

Good morning we just bought the 4G Lite from Telstra.  I am unable to get any help from them.  I tried to install it but it is saying we need a APN number.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi 4GX Router with Satellite

@Mullane wrote:

Good morning we just bought the 4G Lite from Telstra.  I am unable to get any help from them.  I tried to install it but it is saying we need a APN number.  Any ideas?

The APN number comes from the telecom company that provided the SIM card that has been put into the LTE router.

See page 20 and page 23 of the user manual:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/lbr20.aspx 

Message 2 of 8
Mullane
Aspirant

Thanks. I got the information from my internet provider but it won’t accept it in the app when I am trying to set it up. It just keeps saying something went wrong. Input in the APN value do I then use my username and password for internet provider or Netgear name and password I set up? Sorry I’m not great with this sort of thing.
Message 3 of 8
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi There,

It has been identified that the power adapter for the satellite has been incorrectly labelled as "router".  Please make sure you are using the larger 2.5A power adapter with the router and the smaller 1A power adapter(incorrectly labelled router) with the satellite.  Please let me know if you still experience issues after using the correct PA.

Regards,

Arodi

Message 4 of 8
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Mullane ,

Further to my previous post.  The APN you should be using for Telstra is telstra.internet

Regards,

ArodiD

Message 5 of 8
Skybolt36
Aspirant

Hi, just wondering if you got your APN fixed, I’m having exact same problem and also unsure if the UN and PW is for Telstra account of the modem? Such badly set out instructions
Message 6 of 8
Lisa_T
Aspirant

I’m having the same issues with mine. Have tried the telstra.internet but that don’t work either. Telstra were no help. They asked - what do you mean Orbi!
Message 7 of 8
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi All,

I have PM'd everyone reporting this issue.  Please check your PM when you have a chance.  I will send some instructions to manually upgrade your devices to the latest approved FW.

Regards,

Arodi

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7