Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 50

Routerverwalter
Aspirant

Orbi 50

Dear all,
Since a few weeks the Orbi router Restart itself without any notice. No logs etc. and took quite some time to connect to the satellite and this only in yellow. I have the actual firmware installed but this was probably the start of the problem. Are there suggestions how to solve it? Thanks for any help
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi 50

Please try a factory reset and setup from scratch with the RBR and RBS...

hat is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 4
Routerverwalter
Aspirant

Will try. The distance is between the floor but the distance is max.3m (just on floor up but directly above). The modern is from the internet supplier and work well. The cable between the router and modem is ~5m. Thanks Andreas
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would move the RBS farther out. 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7