Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750 does not show connected devices after firmware update

palancu
Aspirant

Orbi RBR750 does not show connected devices after firmware update

Orbi RBR750 does not show connected devices after firmware update to version 3.2.18.1_1.4.14.

The router and two satellites show only a max of four devices connected to the router itself (when there are about 20 on my LAN). The satellites show nothing, though they are clearly and obviously connected and routing/switching connected hosts.

No new firmware is available when I ask the router to check, however, when I go to the Orbi firmware website, it shows version CBR750-v3.2.18.2 available for download. The problem is, neither the satellites nor the router will allow uploading of the file, which is named:  CBR750-V3.2.18.2-signed_cable_wan.chk.

Very, very frustrating and reminiscient of the exact same bug from more than two years ago. Does anyone QA this firmware before it goes out? Was the old problem reintroduced? And is there a fix?

Message 2 of 6
palancu
Aspirant

Orbi 750 Does Not Show Connected Devices After Firmware Upgrade

Orbi RBR750 does not show connected devices after firmware update to version 3.2.18.1_1.4.14.

The router and two satellites show only a max of four devices connected to the router itself (when there are about 20 on my LAN). The satellites show nothing, though they are clearly and obviously connected and routing/switching connected hosts.

No new firmware is available when I ask the router to check, however, when I go to the Orbi firmware website, it shows version CBR750-v3.2.18.2 available for download. The problem is, neither the satellites nor the router will allow uploading of the file, which is named:  CBR750-V3.2.18.2-signed_cable_wan.chk.

Very, very frustrating and reminiscient of the exact same bug from more than two years ago. Does anyone QA this firmware before it goes out? Was the old problem reintroduced? And is there a fix?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR750 does not show connected devices after firmware update

Do you have the CBR750 or RBR750? 

Message 3 of 6
palancu
Aspirant

The device is an RBR750.

Message 4 of 6
palancu
Aspirant

After reading my own reply I see that applying the CBR update to the RBR device was never going to work. So, let's put that aside as a dumb mistake. But still, latest RBR750 firmware not showing connected hosts...

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

For any FW updates for the RBR, please review here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbk752.aspx

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the Orbi system been performed since last update?

Can you select Choose File button on the next post and attach a screen capture of the RBR connected device page? 

What browser are you using? 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7