Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC 3000 RBK 53

Omar2020orbi
Aspirant

Orbi AC 3000 RBK 53

have current system which  contain TP link router connected to network switch

and Cisco WAP 371 , 121 access points total 17 access points connected to the same network switch with TP link router

my question is

1 - if i replace current TP link router with orbi router does cisco access point it will keep working with orbi ?

2 - can i use both cisco access point and orbi satellite nodes with orbi router ?

3 - How many devices in the network can I block if I am using an orbi router with at least 25 devices? I want to block the internet at night  ?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi AC 3000 RBK 53

@Omar2020orbi wrote:
have current system which  contain TP link router connected to network switch
and Cisco WAP 371 , 121 access points total 17 access points connected to the same network switch with TP link router
my question is
1 - if i replace current TP link router with orbi router does cisco access point it will keep working with orbi ?
2 - can i use both cisco access point and orbi satellite nodes with orbi router ?
3 - How many devices in the network can I block if I am using an orbi router with at least 25 devices? I want to block the internet at night  ?

1. The Cisco access point should obtain an IP address and keep working. However it will not technically be part of the mesh system.

2. Yes, but read 1. 

3. You should be able to block all device connected to the Orbi router. 25 is no problem.

Message 2 of 3
Omar2020orbi
Aspirant

Re: Orbi AC 3000 RBK 53

Thanks for your support but I guess i will face problem because in case if iam connect my phone to orbi node while I moving to another floor the signal it will become weak so it will not connect directly to nearest Cisco access pointi have to disconnect from orbi and connect to Cisco .
So if I want use nighthawk router which model can fit my requirement specially blocking users or device's

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7