Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi AC2200 Install

mecelec
Follower

Orbi AC2200 Install

Does anyone have any history with the use of this satellite on metal buildings. Specifically I am wanting to mount this on the exterior of a pole barn to feed an orbi indoor satelite in the building. I was wondering if anyone had tried this with either good or bad results.

Model: RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

RBS units are indoor units and not recommended for any outdoor environments. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Anything metal or metallic or concrete structure or building materials will impact wifi signal in general. 

The Orbi system is a indoor system only. There is a out door RBSY model that can be placed outside. If the building is of metallic materials, any signal from the outsite wifi source will not pentrate thru the materials well to the inside of the building. 

@mecelec wrote:

Does anyone have any history with the use of this satellite on metal buildings. Specifically I am wanting to mount this on the exterior of a pole barn to feed an orbi indoor satelite in the building. I was wondering if anyone had tried this with either good or bad results.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7