Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC2200 RBK30 with no Modem

dmn06
Follower

Orbi AC2200 RBK30 with no Modem

I have a Orbi RBK30 that came yesterday, I am attempting to set up the router but the instructions state to reset your modem in order for the internet to work.  I have fios internet but I have a wall plug with no modem.  I attempted to plug the ethernet cord directly from the wall to the router and I am able to connect to the router but no internet.  I use another router and the internet works fine, does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi AC2200 RBK30 with no Modem

Have you tried to reset the orbi by pulling the power with the fios connection connected? or make sure you do not have to enter any type of special settings in the router that fios may require?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
st_shaw
Master

Unless you have a static WAN IP, typically you would need to get Verizon to release the DHCP lease assigned to your old router.  You can wait 2 hours and it should release on its own, or you could call Verizon tech support and ask them to release it sooner.

This is not an Orbi issue.

Message 3 of 5
stelbry
Aspirant

I’m having this same issue. Did you get this resolved?
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7