Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC2200 RBK43S with Buffalo TeraStation WS540DN6 NAS

Lynnea1941
Aspirant

Orbi AC2200 RBK43S with Buffalo TeraStation WS540DN6 NAS

I am planning on purchasing the AC2200 Tri-Band Wifi System (RBK43S) to work with the Xfinity xFi Gateway XB6 and a 16TB Buffalo Terastation WS5420DN6 NAS.  The Netgear product will replace an older Lynksys router.

My concern is whether there will be a problem with the NAS.  I fully understand that I must power down the NAS before removing the connection to the Lynksys, but then is it just a simple plug and play with the connection to the Orbi router or will something else need to be changed?

Best Buy will be setting up the Netgear equipment, but I would like to know if advance if there might be a problem.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Lynnea

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi AC2200 RBK43S with Buffalo TeraStation WS540DN6 NAS

@Lynnea1941 wrote:

My concern is whether there will be a problem with the NAS.  I fully understand that I must power down the NAS before removing the connection to the Lynksys, but then is it just a simple plug and play with the connection to the Orbi router or will something else need to be changed?

Should be pretty much plug and play. Just plug the NIC into the router and the DHCP server should set an IP address for the NAS.

Message 2 of 5
Lynnea1941
Aspirant

Recognizing that I am unfamiliar with the terms NIC and DHCP, please bear with me.  NIC is Network Interface Card which is in the TeraStation and thus is connected when the cord is plugged into the new router?   DHCP Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, it seems as though the Netgear equipment will determine the proper IP address for the server.  I can see in the TeraStation information that there is an IP address.  Is that the one that is connected to the Linksys as that is the current router?  Am I then understanding correctly that the Orbi will create a new IP address as it is a different router?

Message 3 of 5
Lynnea1941
Aspirant

Can anyone help me with my question?  I just need to have a simple explanation.

Message 4 of 5
Lynnea1941
Aspirant

Can anyone help me with the jargon?  Surely someone can give a simple explanation.  I

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7