Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC2200 RBR40 & RBS20's Speed Question

dja2k
Aspirant

Orbi AC2200 RBR40 & RBS20's Speed Question

So I had Spectrum standard 200mbps (Speed Test 230's) and upgraded to their ultra 400mpbs package which hasn't fully taken effect yet.  Will this Orbi AC2200 system get me at least low 300's to mid 350's?  Thanks

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi AC2200 RBR40 & RBS20's Speed Question

Yes, the Orbi system can handle those speeds. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Would help to know how you want the increased speed.

• On a desktop wired directly to the Orbi? Almost certainly.
  • On a smart TV connected to the satellite over WiFi?  No idea.
Message 2 of 7
dja2k
Aspirant

With 200 plan I get 230's via ethernet and about 180's at the farthest satellite.  I want the increased speed via ethernet on the Router RBR43.

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Maybe someone who owns this specific model and has a high speed connection will comment.  (That's a pretty specific requirement, so I am not optimistic.)

I may be wrong, but I believe Spectrum will let you change back the next month because the change to your account is a software setting.  (No change in equipment required.)  As our Dear Leader said, "what do you have to lose?"

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Did you power OFF the ISP Modem for 1 minuted along with the Orbi system then back on with the modem first the the Orbi system? 

What are you wired speeds with a PC connected to the modem, then connected to the back of the RBR using Ooklas installable speed test app?

@dja2k wrote:

So I had Spectrum standard 200mbps (Speed Test 230's) and upgraded to their ultra 400mpbs package which hasn't fully taken effect yet.  Will this Orbi AC2200 system get me at least low 300's to mid 350's?  Thanks

Message 5 of 7
dja2k
Aspirant

Sorry i wasn't clear, the 400mbps Ultra speed isn't fully activated because i need a newer modem. Currently on my end and theirs, I am tapping out at 230mbps.

I just wanted to know if the Orbi AC2200 can handle more than the rated "best for 200mbps Internet plans" thing om the box. It is running the latest firmware 2.5.x.x.
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, the Orbi system can handle those speeds. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7