Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC2200 and Circle SSL Cert issue

irishman530
Aspirant

Orbi AC2200 and Circle SSL Cert issue

Router: RBR20 Orbi AC2200

Firmware: version 2.1.4.10

Browser: Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge

I've got my Orbi setup, and it works pretty well. The only problem I am having is with accessing Facebook via my computer browser.

When I visit in Chrome, I see a message that says "Your connection is not private". Advanced options do not allow me to continue.

Basically, I'm getting a message because the Cert is not valid. In looking at the Cert I that it is issued by my Circle. However, when I attempt to do anything with that Cert I hit a dead end.

I know that my Circle is the one issuing the Certificate, but my computer clearly does not know this. If I could install this Root CA as trusted on my computer, my troubles would be over. However, I can't find anywhere that this Root CA exists or where I might be able to download it to get it installed.

image.png

I have tried making a custom filter for Facebook. I have tried making Facebook unmanaged. I have removed all filtering. I have tried clearing cache and rebooting and changing my connection, but nothing is working.

What am I missing here? It seems only to be a problem with Facebook. All of the other HTTPS sites I use seem to be working just fine.

Open to ideas.

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
irishman530
Aspirant

Re: Orbi AC2200 and Circle SSL Cert issue

I figured out my problem.

I had miscategorized the device I was using. I had it under the wrong profile so it was being filtered and restricted.

Take note Netgear Team and Circle Team. There needs to be a solution for HTTPS calls other than displaying a SSL/Cert error. It should be displaying "you've been filtered" message.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
irishman530
Aspirant

I figured out my problem.

I had miscategorized the device I was using. I had it under the wrong profile so it was being filtered and restricted.

Take note Netgear Team and Circle Team. There needs to be a solution for HTTPS calls other than displaying a SSL/Cert error. It should be displaying "you've been filtered" message.

Message 2 of 3
joyijo
Aspirant

How did you fix this?
Im having issues every time I try to login to Facebook, Instagram, eBay, Kijiji and other applications.
Thank you
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7