Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC3000 Tri-Band system from Costco - Unable to place router in center of the house

JimLevesque
Follower

Orbi AC3000 Tri-Band system from Costco - Unable to place router in center of the house

I purchased this from Costco and unfortunately cannot locate the router in the center of the house.  The incoming internet signal is in a back bedroom (so the router is placed there), and 1 satellite is placed in the center of the house, and the other in a further location at the other end of the house.  Any thoughts as to what I could do to be able to move the router to the center of the house knowing I cannot move the incoming internet signal?  Is there some way to bridge the incoming signal from the back bedroom to the center of the house?  Right now everything seems to be working, but I'm sure things would be better if the router were placed in the middle of the house.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Re: Orbi AC3000 Tri-Band system from Costco - Unable to place router in center of the house

have ethernet run from the back bedroom to somewhere in the center of the house and connect the orbi router there and the sat at ether end

Message 2 of 4
cyberprashant
Luminary

Re: Orbi AC3000 Tri-Band system from Costco - Unable to place router in center of the house

if it's cable, run a cable line to the center of the house - thats what I did.   Orbi RBK50's coverage range is pretty awesome you might do okay even on one end of the house.  

Message 3 of 4
cue003
Apprentice

Put the furthest satellite back in the box and run with only 2 (main Orbi + 1 satellite). That may give you the best coverage without interference and overlap from the 3rd unit.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7