Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC3000 and Xfinity router/wifi issues

Nopro
Follower

Orbi AC3000 and Xfinity router/wifi issues

I just tried to activate my Orbi router and satellite using the phone app. I followed the instructions and everything seemed to go well. The phone app said it was successful! I had also previously put my xfinity dual band router wifi in Bridge mode. But the phone app said the Orbi unit was "off line". I researched a bit and tried rebooting both the Orbi and Xfinity devices. Still showing offline with no wifi available. I could connect to the Orbi wifi on my phone but there did not seem to be any service. Any ideas on what the problem was? I noticed as I researched the issue that a generic Xfinity wifi was still on via my router ( I think the one available to the public). I did not turn this off but I think I can. Is the Orbi compatible with an Xfinity router in bridge mode? 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
LordRaiden
Aspirant

Re: Orbi AC3000 and Xfinity router/wifi issues

I have the same setup as yours, my xfinity router is in bridge mode and works without any issue, so far i havent experienced any disconnects or reboots. Use your browser to login instead of the app and check your internet status and setup.

Message 2 of 4
Famousunknowns
Aspirant

Did you find a solution to your problem?
Message 3 of 4
maclum
Aspirant

I hade the same problem, the Netgear support had me

1. log into the xfinity gateway  by connecting ethernet cable to my laptop typing  https://10.0.0.1 into my browser

2. turn of the bridge on the gateway (off=modem+wireless router activated)

3.disable the the two wireless bands 2.4gb and 5gb (all from the browser)

4. then I connected a ethernet cable to the Obi router and completed the set up using the orbi program that was downloaded onto my laptop.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7