Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi AC3000 and iOS devices connection issues

vincent42
Tutor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What speed test site or app are you using. I've found that testing for good speedtest servers on Ooklas speed test helps you find what works best first with a wired PC. Other speed test servers maybe more busier than others so you need to find one that gives you constant speed results on a wired PC first. Then use same for wireless devices. 

I used a couple. Main one is speedtest.net and also http://internethealthtest.org/ to compare results.

Message 26 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

You also need to find the sub servers with in Ooklas speed test. There are several distanced test sites that are in your area to choose from as well. 

Message 27 of 28
vincent42
Tutor

So after disabling Daisy-chain topology, my PC connects to the router at 2.4Ghz. The router is 30 feet and 2 walls away whiie the satellite is 4 clear feet away from the PC. I need to disconnect and then connect again to get to the satellite; sometimes I need to try this a few times before I get the 5Ghz connection to the satellite. Something is weird in the Daisy-chain functionality that seems to have a wider impact than satellite-to-satellite communicaion.

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7