Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC3000 constant wifi dropping and then reboot

Mordeeb
Tutor

Orbi AC3000 constant wifi dropping and then reboot

I am new here and I have had my Orbi for only a week so far but it has had many issues and so far has only gotten worse. I started with my Orbi on 2.0.0.74 for firmware and then noticed it would drop wifi and then reboot, I upgrade the firmware to 2.1.1.16 and that was even worse! Now I am on the beta firmware which is 2.1.2 but it still will have wifi drop and then the main router will have its white light pulsing until it comes back. The logs are useless because they just go away. Pretty much my orbi reboots itself every hour or half hour!

I have set it to factory defaults and turned off the daisy chain feature but left it on firmware 2.1.2 beta version. I really only changed the wifi name and password at this point and let everything else be. I do make sure its in the right timezone but I have noticed after the reboots the time is always wrong.

This is painful even just writing this post the router shut off wifi and started doing the pulsing white light. I only have two units the main RBK50 router and the remote satellite station. 

Someone please help this is only 7 days old! 😞

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
Mordeeb
Tutor

Re: Orbi AC3000 constant wifi dropping and then reboot

Went back to 2.0.0.74 and its stable now. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7