Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC3000 - lose phone call when walking in house / calls don't switch to next satellite

freyheit
Follower

Orbi AC3000 - lose phone call when walking in house / calls don't switch to next satellite

I have a fairly large house, 90 years old and with pretty solid walls. When I purchased the wifi system I went with Orbi, as one can add on separate satellites as needed, which turned out to be 2. So far so good.

But when I do calls over wifi (my cell reception is very poor) and move around in the house the phone does not switch between devices, instead I lose the call. The same goes for me carrying my laptop from one area of the house to the next. I lose the connection even though the strength shows off as 4-5 bars.

What can I do to remedy that?

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
martinhj
Apprentice

Re: Orbi AC3000 - lose phone call when walking in house / calls don't switch to next satellite

Experiment? 

Seriously, try moving your Orbi's around in different locations. I also live in an old house with strange walls. My orginal AP was in the living rom and I would always drop wifi calling on my iphone in the kitchen which was a mere 6 metres or so from my AP. Signal strength always showed good but speedtest showed a very slow datarate. 

I moved to an Orbi to solve that  problem amongst others (obviously you cant do that as you already have one) but I would look at running speedtests as well as simply moitoring signal and experimenting with things maybe.....

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7