Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi AC3000 system with AC2200 satellite

varase
Guide

Orbi AC3000 system with AC2200 satellite

I just purchased a 3 node Orbi system from Amazon, and they shipped me a RBK50 (two node AC3000 system) and a RBS40 (AC2200 satellite).

So ... should I return the RBS40 and get a RBS50 (AC3000) or just use the RBS40?

My house isn't that big (2379 sq ft per level, two levels), but I would like to have maximum throughput.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 1 of 2
varase
Guide

Re: Orbi AC3000 system with AC2200 satellite

Well, I'm returning the whole kit and kaboodle to Amazon ... and meanwhile, they've boosted the price of the RBK-53 from something like $494 (I finally found it) to $509.

That spurred me on to look elsewhere, and I found it on sale for Costco members for $400.

This has me thinking I'll be giving all my Amazon purchases a good hard look from now on ... from Bezos' billions to faux Apple cables, I've been burned quite a bit by Amazon purchases and they're not my favorite company right now.

Here's hoping that the Orbi fares better than my current Lumas, one of whose replacement units should be arriving shortly.

I'm really stoked to try out those LAN ports on the Orbi satellites, and I'll be repurposing my ethernet switch from the main Luma (currently feeding a Caseta hub and transporter) to the entertainment center where I can run ethernet to my Roku TV, PS3, PS4, WiiU, and Steam Link.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System, RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7