Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC3000

Bettylou2020
Aspirant

Orbi AC3000

I’m trying to set up and i get to where the router tries to join the Orbi WiFi address but it can’t connect and doesn’t come up on my WiFi settings?
Message 1 of 18
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi AC3000

@Bettylou2020 wrote:
I’m trying to set up and i get to where the router tries to join the Orbi WiFi address but it can’t connect and doesn’t come up on my WiFi settings?

New or used system? If used factory reset before attempting to configure. 

Message 2 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you using a wired PC and web browser to setup the RBR? 

Message 3 of 18
Bettylou2020
Aspirant

New i never got it to connect
Message 4 of 18
Bettylou2020
Aspirant

No, Using the app
Message 5 of 18
Mstrbig
Master

I know it can be frustrating.

Start again:

reboot ISP modem/router, reset Orbi router before connecting to ISP router, connect Orbi to ISP router and turn on, run the app to configure the Orbi router, following the instructions. This should get you setup, unless you are having an issue with WIFI on the device you are using for setup.

Message 6 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Please try with a wired PC or laptop or wireles laptop and web browser...

@Bettylou2020 wrote:
No, Using the app

Message 7 of 18
Bettylou2020
Aspirant

I don’t know how to set up with a laptop? I don’t think they gave that option in the set up instructions.
Message 8 of 18
Mstrbig
Master

@Bettylou2020 wrote:
I don’t know how to set up with a laptop? I don’t think they gave that option in the set up instructions.

To install and manage your Orbi WiFi System, launch a web browser from a computer connect to your Orbi network and visit www.orbilogin.com. 

Message 9 of 18
Bettylou2020
Aspirant

I added a pix of the error. I reset router and orbi multiple times. I don’t get the orbi WiFi choice in my WiFi settings
Message 10 of 18
Mstrbig
Master

@Bettylou2020 wrote:
I added a pix of the error. I reset router and orbi multiple times. I don’t get the orbi WiFi choice in my WiFi settings

Usually unable to join means wrong username and password. Default username is admin and the password is password

Message 11 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

the PW for the default wifi will be printed on a sticker that comes on a removable slip ring on the RBR and should be printed on the sticker on the bottom of the RBR. This differs from the admin log in for the RBR web page. 

Be sure your entering in the correct PW for the default SSID name. Otherwise use a PC, Laptop and web browser to access the RBRs web page. 

Message 12 of 18
Bettylou2020
Aspirant

The WiFi isn’t coming up at all to enter a password. What is the RBR webpage?
Message 13 of 18
Bettylou2020
Aspirant

I posted a pix of Couldn’t connect to ORBI41
Message 14 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

orbilogin.net or 192.168.1.1 in a web page. 

Message 15 of 18
Bettylou2020
Aspirant

No i was using the App. Even the Verizon tech could get the Orbi to connect to the router. I can’t shut off the Verizon WiFi or go directly through the modem in our basement the tech tried that also.
Message 16 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Is this a Verizon Orbi that you got from Verizon? if so, you'll need to keep in conect with verizon about this. They are responsible for support on there verizon FW developed Orbi. 

Message 17 of 18
Bettylou2020
Aspirant

No we got from Costco the Verizon tech was just offering to help.
Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7