Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi AP setup with Fios

laxgoly
Follower

Orbi AP setup with Fios

Looking to purchase an Orbi system, my current Luma does not provide the coverage I had hopped in my home.

Reading throught the Fios set up article (https://kb.netgear.com/31100/How-do-I-set-up-my-Orbi-system-to-work-with-Fios) I believe this is the route I want to take. My question is this, do I have to have the primary Orbi connected directly to my Filos Quantum gateway? Would it still work if the Orbi devices were connected to the router via a switch? The switch in question is a "dumb" switch with no VLAN or management support. Reason for this is; my whole home is wired if this config is supported it would mean I only need the two Orbi system. less $$$. Thanks for the input.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Orbi AP setup with Fios

yep connecting to a switch is fine as long as the Fios is running in router mode and the orbi ststem is running in AP mode

just connect the orbi router to the switch making sure its in ap mode , the orbi sat/s do not connect by ethernet however and only connect back to the orbi router via their 5 gig wifi backhaul

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7