Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Access Control Firmware 1.3.0.12

Orbi Access Control Firmware 1.3.0.12

I just updated my Orbi Router and Satellite to the latest firmware, 1.3.0.12.  I'm using Access Control to limit access to the network.  I have a Tivo Mini hooked up to the ethernet port of the satellite, and it was connected and allowed to network access before the firmware update.

Now when I enter access control, the Tivo Mini shows as "blocked", and even if I select the device and click "allow", it stays blocked.  That's the first issue.

The second issue is that it's not actually blocked (nor do I want it to be).  It's able to connect to the network and access the internet just fine.

I tried to block and unblock it and it didn't work.  Not sure what the issue could be except a firmware bug.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 14
k9kids
Guide

Have you tried deleting the Tivo and adding it back? 

Message 2 of 14

just a quick question

what is the orbi connected to on its wan side ? is its directly to the internet or through another router / modem

as depending on this you might stilkl be able to control access with the upstream device

Message 3 of 14
dpdurst
Luminary

If its truly hung in the software you go to Administration and then Backup and try to erase and default the Orbi and see if this resolve the issue then.

Message 4 of 14

@dpdurst wrote:

If its truly hung in the software you go to Administration and then Backup and try to erase and default the Orbi and see if this resolve the issue then.

yup click on

revert to factory default settings

allow the orbi to restart and redo the initial setup

Message 5 of 14

Thanks for all the input.  I'm not going to do anything since it's only an interface issue and not something that's actually affecting the functionality.  If it gets to the point where I need to block or unblock something and I can't, I'll try the backup/factory default route.  I just thought Netgear should know and see if anyone else had the issue.

Message 6 of 14
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello everyone

The Access control bug should be fixed in the latest Firmware 1.4.0.16 can someone confirm that this has resolved the issue.

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 7 of 14

Unfortunately, this appears to persist for me.  I've tried allowing it, blocking it and re-allowing it, and manually editing the access.  None have worked.  It still says "blocked" but continues to be able to access the network.

Message 8 of 14
Hydro130
Luminary

@DarrenM wrote:

Hello everyone

The Access control bug should be fixed in the latest Firmware 1.4.0.16 can someone confirm that this has resolved the issue.

Thanks

DarrenM

My Hue bridge and SmartThings hub are still both "Blocked" with 1.4.0.16 - they've both been that way with the previous 2 f/w versions too (that's when I got the Orbi).

Both devices work have always worked perfectly fine though, so it's nothing I'm losing any sleep over it.  Just an annoying thing to see in that Devices listing, but whatevs, no big deal.

Cheers, Chris

Message 9 of 14
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Thanks for letting me know I will report this back to the engineers.

DarrenM

Message 10 of 14
gmanva
Aspirant

This is absolutely still broken in V1.4.0.16

Message 11 of 14
gmanva
Aspirant

Fixed in 1.4.0.18.

Message 12 of 14
Hydro130
Luminary

FWIW, my Hue bridge and SmartThings hub still continue to show as "Blocked" in 1.4.0.18 

Again, this is not something I'm losing sleep over, since they've always had that status (with all past f/w versions), and it's never seemed to affect their functionality at all.  

I inititally had them wired into the router, and now have both of them wired into the sat.  I've tried all of the various tricks mentioned thus far to shake them out of "blocked", but no joy.

It would be a nice warm-fuzzy to see them them as "Allowed" someday, but heck, as long as they are working properly, that's all I really care about.

Cheers, Chris

Message 13 of 14

Just updated to 1.4.0.34 this evening.  This appears to have fixed the issue.  My Tivo Mini is now showing "allowed" correctly.  Thanks to all who contributed, and I hope your issues are cleared up as well!

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7