Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Adding additional satellite

Cookie-Monster
Aspirant

Orbi Adding additional satellite

I have an Orbi RBK53 system (Router plus 2 satellites) which were delivered all with the same SSID and password.

I now wish to install an add-on satellite which came delivered with a different SSID and password.

Do I need to manually change the add-on satellite settings to be the same as the RBK system or will the system handle it automatically

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the new satellite, wait for the top led to pulsate WHITE, hit the black sync button on back of the RBR then press the black sync button on the RBS. The new satellite should start to sync and the top led should turn BLUE.

@Cookie-Monster wrote:

I have an Orbi RBK53 system (Router plus 2 satellites) which were delivered all with the same SSID and password.

I now wish to install an add-on satellite which came delivered with a different SSID and password.

Do I need to manually change the add-on satellite settings to be the same as the RBK system or will the system handle it automatically

Message 2 of 5
Chuck_M
Mentor

@Cookie-Monster wrote:

When pairing it as described above, all settings will be modified automatically.

Message 3 of 5
Cookie-Monster
Aspirant

To ask a silly question(from a novice in these matters) - if the satellite gets its SSID and password when it is synced to the router, why does a satellite have an SSID ?

Message 4 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@Cookie-Monster wrote:

To ask a silly question(from a novice in these matters) - if the satellite gets its SSID and password when it is synced to the router, why does a satellite have an SSID ?

The Satellite has an own SSID only before it's synced to a Router.

I think this is to enable the Router to find it and identify it as a Satellite.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7