Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Android App Shows "No Connected Devices Found" Under Network Map

help_with_
Guide

Orbi Android App Shows "No Connected Devices Found" Under Network Map

Model:  RBK50-100NAS (which includes one Satellite)

hardware version:  RBR50

firmware:  v2.5.1.8

hardware type: Orbi

Purchased this model (RBR50-100NAS, Orbi Triband Wifi with one satellite) in the latter part of 2019 and it worked well (still does) out of the box.  The Orbi android app for my Samsung Android S8 worked without difficulty as well up until the most recent Orbi firmware update (early Feb 2020).  Prior to the firmware update the Orbi Android app under the Network Map showed which devices were connected to the primary router and which were connected to the satellite.  After the Orbi firmware update all it shows is "No Connected Device Found."    I found this feature of the app is pretty valuable with regard to placement of both the main router and the satellite and helpful with general connection issues.

There are other earlier threads about this issue which claim "solved" but even within those threads the issue persisted for many users.  The most oft claimed solution involves removing spaces in naming the Orbi and Satellite but I've never had spaces in the names.   I've tried rebooting the Samsung S8 and the Orbi with no effect.   Since the issue didn't occur for me until after the Orbi firmware update a few days ago (first week of Feb 2020) its hard to guess where the problem lies.  Verizon pushed out an update to my Samsung S8 in late January but the Orbi app still functioned perfectly.   The Orbi phone app was terrific but is now considerably less useful.   Other there any other possible solutions to this problem I missed?

Logging into the Orbi via 192.168.1 via my laptop does provide the information about whether each wifi device is connected to the main router or satellite-----but not nearly as convenient as that info on the smart phone.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
tucsontico
Virtuoso

This issue appears to be common right after a firmware update. The ORBI needs a lot of "settling" time to allow all the data from the satellites and router to stabilize. I recently updated to 2.5.1.8 (4 days ago). I have an iPhone 8 and the ORBI iOS app showed a similar situation, i.e., "No connected devices." until after about 24-36 hours. I'd wait patiently for another day or so. Don't do any reboots or resets until the 24-36 hours has passed. If you're still getting a bogus app display, I recommend a factory reset of the satellite.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9

All Replies
tucsontico
Virtuoso

This issue appears to be common right after a firmware update. The ORBI needs a lot of "settling" time to allow all the data from the satellites and router to stabilize. I recently updated to 2.5.1.8 (4 days ago). I have an iPhone 8 and the ORBI iOS app showed a similar situation, i.e., "No connected devices." until after about 24-36 hours. I'd wait patiently for another day or so. Don't do any reboots or resets until the 24-36 hours has passed. If you're still getting a bogus app display, I recommend a factory reset of the satellite.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 9
help_with_
Guide

That makes more sense than some of the other possible causes and fixes I've seen for this problem elsewhere in the forum.  Having a little patience is easy.  Thanks for the help and I'll report the results.

Message 3 of 9
Kfukami
Aspirant

Hello,

I had the exact same problem after the last firmware upgrade and I've found a working solution.

For both the Router and the 2 Satellites, I have run a manual firmware upgrade with the V2.5.1.8 version.

Even if the router and the satellites already had been upgraded (through the Android Orbi App) to the V2.5.1.8 version, this manual upgrade has solved the problem with "No Connected Devices Found" under Network Map.

Hope this will help you.

Have a great day!

@help_with_ 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 9
help_with_
Guide

Kfukami, thanks for taking the time to pass on your experience with this problem.  My problem did result after using the Orbi smart phone app upgrade feature.   Looking over Netgear's procedure for manual firmware upgrades they make specific mention of at least two critical steps:

1.  the computer used to effect the upgrade should be wired to the Orbi router and

2.  the satellite should be upgraded first.

While more time consuming this manual procedure seems safer and doable even for us novices. Thanks.

See Netgear's procedure here:

Netgear manual firmware upgrade procedure 

However as a side note tucsontico's solution of waiting for a few days after using the phone app upgrade feature seems to have panned out for me.  I upgraded using the Orbi phone app as soon as Netgear pushed it out (a few days ago) and several hours after tucsontico's advice my Orbi phone app started working properly again without having taken any actions.  So patience solves the problem as well.  Thanks to tucsontico.

I'd condider my problem solved.

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

For any Orbi app forum help and information, please remember to post here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 9
help_with_
Guide

Not being a developer I had (and have) no way of knowing whether the real cause is the Orbi phone app bug.  Kudos to the phone app developers because the app works great in alll other respects and the issue appears to resolve itself within a relatively short period of time.  

This problem has been discussed elsewhere in the forum with the most common cause being guessed at by users as, "using spaces in the router and/or satellite name."  In that discussion some users with the problem didn't use spaces in the device names and the solution didn't work for many who eliminated the spaces.  In that discussion I don't recall recall whether the issue occurred after a firmware upgrade. 

If the phone app is a client which calls for the "device connected" data but the router or satellite are temporarily unable to serve it then this might not be an phone app issue. 

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

When it comes to the Orbi and Orbi app, anything is possible.

Have seen odd issues with spaces and special characters seems to be a factor in how the system operates and works...Good call on users should check for these in there device names. I've always perferred to use no spaces. If a space is needed, use a ( _ ) underscore character in between words.

Message 8 of 9
birendraraj4545
Aspirant

My orbi rauter settelite connect but not device found
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements