Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Anywhere Access cloning

docml
Aspirant

Orbi Anywhere Access cloning

I am lucky enough to have two homes (let's call then Home A and Home B).

Each has an Orbi network consisting of a base RBR50 unit and then various satelittes.

Home A had Anywhere Access enabled on it. A few weeks ago, I moved from A to B, and decided to set up Anywhere Access on the Orbit network in Home B. Somehow, this then caused the network name (and I assume the password) from Home B to be transferred remotely to the Orbi network in Home A, with the result that I have completely lost all contact with everything in Home A. 

Using the Orbi app, I can only see the Orbit units in Home B. When I go on to Anywhere Access, it will only show me the units in Home B. So, how can I get back onto the network in Home A? Anyone got any ideas? Thank you. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi Anywhere Access cloning

If the app does not give you the option to switch between A and B, In order to do that you will need 2 separate accounts.

Message 2 of 6
docml
Aspirant

Thanks MstrBig I assume that means that I have now lost all access to Home A until I can get back to Home A to reset everything? I still don't understand how it managed to reset all of Home A remotely, but now there's no way of accessing Home A remotely. But your feedback is much appreciated. 

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Having only one Orbi system, I have not done this myself BUT...

On the Home menu (pictue of house), there is an entry "New Setup".  I seem to remember reading a post that said using that would create a second system in the account.  How did you install the second system?

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

p.s. Questions about the Orbi "app" may get a more informed response if posted in the community forum for the app:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app 

People who watch that forum obviously have a pretty strong interest in the app and may have more experience with it.

Message 5 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@CrimpOn wrote:

Having only one Orbi system, I have not done this myself BUT...

On the Home menu (pictue of house), there is an entry "New Setup".  I seem to remember reading a post that said using that would create a second system in the account.  How did you install the second system?

That's correct, the new setup is for setting up a second new Orbi system.

I'm confused as to why both systems are not showing up in his app, if the OP added a second system. My app shows 2 systems.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7