Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App 2.2 is Coming Soon!

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Orbi App 2.2 is Coming Soon!

orbi-app-update.pngWe’re always working to improve your Orbi experience. This next release has all the Orbi App features you love and more. Along with performance improvements and bug fixes, of course, we’ve added the ability to monitor and control your network from anywhere through the new remote management feature. With enabling remote management on your Orbi, you can also setup voice commands with your Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device. Be sure to check it out when released and let us know your thoughts!

Note: Orbi App 2.2 is now available! Please visit the following thread to join the conversation. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-Orbi-App-Now-Available/m-p/1591498#M33775

Message 1 of 61

Accepted Solutions
Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Orbi App 2.2 is Coming Soon!

Orbi App 2.2 is now available! Please visit the following thread to join the conversation. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-Orbi-App-Now-Available/m-p/1591498#M33775

View solution in original post

Message 61 of 61

All Replies
Dustin278
Apprentice

Whats the ETA? Will we be able to login remotely?

Message 2 of 61
mpf541
Apprentice

More important to me I hope this is just an app upgrade I would hate for you to break my system again with new firmware. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 61
wifi_en
Star

Please make firmware stable first, with more connection drops and reboots i don't worry about remote management

Message 4 of 61
Dustin278
Apprentice

@wifi_en wrote:

Please make firmware stable first, with more connection drops and reboots i don't worry about remote management

Mine is stable.. thanks for asking!

Message 5 of 61
stangebelm
Guide

system running! THX Netgear, good job!

Message 6 of 61
chsalmon
Apprentice

@Dustin278 wrote:

@wifi_en wrote:

Mine is stable.. thanks for asking!

Mine NOT !  He's right, make firmware stable is first work to do !  even 2.1.4 doesn't work good ! (AP mode)

Spend time working on best firmware instead of add useless feature like Alexa...

If some user have problems, there are problems ! don't say "mine work ... blablabla"  nice for you, but it's a fact, orby is buggy !

(my old router works very good, with all my device !  if the wifi was not so poor i would never have changed for orby...)

why should we cry on this forum if we would haven't any problem !? we want a real fix !

Thx

Message 7 of 61
tsig
Luminary

@chsalmon

I imagine that netgear has more than one employee, so they can actually work on both the firmware and an app at the same time. 

And from I where I sit, the firmware works perfectly, so for you to make a global statement that it is "buggy" is incorrect.  Do you not want to hear from all owners, or just those that make you feel better?

Message 8 of 61
chsalmon
Apprentice

@tsig wrote:

@chsalmon

I imagine that netgear has more than one employee, so they can actually work on both the firmware and an app at the same time. 

And from I where I sit, the firmware works perfectly, so for you to make a global statement that it is "buggy" is incorrect.  Do you not want to hear from all owners, or just those that make you feel better?

Hope too there are many employee on the firmware...

If it works for you it's nice, but by definition it's buggy when there is at least one problem, and there is a problem !  my router reboot without reason, a big problem for something that need to be sure (security camera for example) .

It's not because of my devices, because my old router works very good and never reboots with these devices.

There is surely a reason why the router reboots, i've send the log to netgear and suppose that other people do same, we just need a real fix.

Message 9 of 61

My RBK50 & RBS50 are working great.  The router I replaced was struggling with UPNP to XboxLive when I put two XBONEX's behind it.  Generally, I had to restart the router, then each XBONEX daily.  The Orbi's have worked so well, I have not had to do that even once since I put them about a week ago - and those critical systems are used daily, right along with my VPN to corporate.  🙂

I would like to see Firmware QoS or simple device priority but all in all this thing is a vast improvement over my last 5 or 6 routers in the last 10 years.  I should get my 2nd RBS50 today.  I only need 1 to cover my 2300 Sq ft home if I have my ISP drop central in the home, but I don't.  My home office with the ISP drop is one corner, my game room on an adjacent corner, and the 3rd device will go to the far.   My hunch is I will get very good yard coverage all around when I add the 3rd, it' bit weak since both existing devices on the front corners and home is narrow but deep.  Unlike some, I like the yard coverage - my home is in the middle of 1/3 acre glade on a 5-acre lot.  It will be interesting to see if hub or span topology is best.

Message 10 of 61
2XS
Initiate
Initiate

@DavidUnboxed wrote:

My RBK50 & RBS50 are working great.  The router I replaced was struggling with UPNP to XboxLive when I put two XBONEX's behind it.  Generally, I had to restart the router, then each XBONEX daily.  The Orbi's have worked so well, I have not had to do that even once since I put them about a week ago - and those critical systems are used daily, right along with my VPN to corporate.  🙂

I would like to see Firmware QoS or simple device priority but all in all this thing is a vast improvement over my last 5 or 6 routers in the last 10 years.  I should get my 2nd RBS50 today.  I only need 1 to cover my 2300 Sq ft home if I have my ISP drop central in the home, but I don't.  My home office with the ISP drop is one corner, my game room on an adjacent corner, and the 3rd device will go to the far.   My hunch is I will get very good yard coverage all around when I add the 3rd, it' bit weak since both existing devices on the front corners and home is narrow but deep.  Unlike some, I like the yard coverage - my home is in the middle of 1/3 acre glade on a 5-acre lot.  It will be interesting to see if hub or span topology is best.

ohoh... a 3rd device. That´s where my issues started.  Good luck with your setup!Smiley Happy

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 11 of 61
PaulK617
Star

Current firmwarev2.1.4.10

Had my system for about a year. Been losing connection after first 6 months ever since new firmware updates. Just had to reboot my router again just now. I was in the middle of a project. Last month I updated to v2.1.4.10 and that didn't help. Last week had to do a master reset and reconnect all my devices (22 total). That was a pain. If the firmware works correctly, I shouldn't have to do a master reset then update it. Netgear need get their crap together first, instead of trying to be fancy on useless stuff. Alexa could only reboot the router anyway! The orbi app is intuitive but it lags behind the status without auto refresh. Obviously, if the product works good then we won't need a community forum. Less post more happy customers. Focus on reliability and customer satisfaction because in this era there's no loyalty. If your product don't work people will go somewhere else. I'm about fedup with this crap, tinkering with the network takes up a lot time. Get it together Netgear!

Message 12 of 61
Dustin278
Apprentice

@2XS wrote:

@DavidUnboxed wrote:

ohoh... a 3rd device. That´s where my issues started.  Good luck with your setup!Smiley Happy

I have 4 total Orbi's - I put my Orbi in AP mode and have 1 Router + 3 Satellites (1 Router RBR50 on main level with 2 - RBS50 Satellite's on my upper level and my basement with 1 small plugin RBS30 in the garage) - probably overkill but has been great for me and covers my whole yard - no issues since the S8 bug was fixed many months ago.

Message 13 of 61
tsig
Luminary

@2XS

I recently added a 2nd satellite to my RBR50.  The RBS50 was over a year old and had never been used.  The biggest issue I had was having to manually update the firmware, and figuring out how many I could skip.  After updating it twice I was finally able to auto update to the latest firmware.  Everything has been perfect since.  No drama.

Message 14 of 61

Setup went well last night.  I ran into some issues getting the new RBS50 to connect, which I suspect were due to the firmware version being older, out of box, on this RBS50.  I tried setup with both the app and the web portal.  Both appeared time timout leaving the device showing as disconnected.  I spent about 10 minutes on it, took a look at the manual and did not see how to handle the situation through I did see the advice to always update the satellite first.  As I walked away, I pressed the sync button on both my devices (not knowing if that was a supported method, and I planned to come back with a wire just in case I needed to tie them together to get an update on the new RBS50.  After dinner, I came back and noted the new device was showing and firmware had been updated.  I'm not exactly sure what twiddle I did that allowed it to update, so I recommend some improvement to the manual on how to handle back-level OS on a satellite.  While joined and working, and everything right in the app, I noticed the web interface showing saying there was only one satellite in its count, though showing two.  I rebooted using the app and that issue went away.  That was the first ever reboot after initial setup for the RBK50.  The three seem to be playing well.  I will let it bake like that, but already see no performance degredation and extended coverage expected.  At some point, I will consider switching mesh, beamforming, etc.  Right now, I see those were off.
Recommended Feature Add:  Have a page that list all the devices in by the technology they are using to connect, with the worst performers up top so that people know better what to replace if any device is forcing the system to hold back to accomodate the ancient devices. 😉

Message 15 of 61
Stanfield
Initiate

We all know that is where the fun begins. You have problems with 2 devices? Let's add a third and watch them increase exponentially. 

I can only run two, which barely cover my 2700 square foot one level house. I'd love to get coverage in all the bedrooms but you'd need a different product for that. One made by another comapny. 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 16 of 61
Stanfield
Initiate

You must live in an alternate dimension where the product get's tested and issues are resolved before it is released to paying customers. That must be nice. 

Message 17 of 61
tsig
Luminary

Or maybe things aren't as bad as the whiners on this site make it out to be.

Message 18 of 61

Still no problems with my setup; the 2nd satillite and the original pair are running fine.  My ISP experienced an outage last night, but the Orbi stayed up.  Unexpected bonus:  With my old router, my Google Fi phones saw the wi-fi as up and did not quickly determine that there was no longer an Internet connection, so I had to switch them to data manually.  With the Orbi setup, when the ISP failed, not only did the Orbi stay up and running letting my local WAN/LAN work, but Google Fi quickly saw that there was no internet connection through the Wi-Fi and transitioned to Data, and resumed Wi-Fi when the ISP outage resolved.  On the other hand, the Orbi app didn't handle the outage well, and would not let me see device status; but I was able to see it from a WAN/LAN connected PC.  I look forward to seeing and using the updated app and will have to test and see how it handles if I kill the connection from modem to router :).

Message 19 of 61
PaulK617
Star

V.2.1.4.10 My router keep dropping connections throughout the day.. I have about 22 wireless devices. Any pros in here that could help me configure my settings?  What are some setting will you recommend to enable or disable?

Message 20 of 61
PaulK617
Star

V2.1.4.10 My router keep dropping connections throughout the day.. I have about 22 wireless devices. Any pros in here that could help me configure my settings?  What are some setting will you recommend to enable or disable?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 21 of 61
BAMF-HacKeR
Initiate

I am running beta firmware and it is pretty solid.  No drops and Wifi speeds are good and all my HomeKit devices work!

Message 22 of 61
badr2020
Aspirant

Sometimes when you turn off the Internet on a device or raise the hold on it Restart system Orbi Also when measuring the internet speed of the program Restart system Orbi
Message 23 of 61
Efrugier
Tutor

Yes, just had to do a master reset after firmware upgrade. Quite a a pain

Message 24 of 61
tolive
Guide

Do the new features include a function to disable auto upgrade? My RGK50 was forced to upgraded to the 2.1.4.10, now my printer, 2 feet away from the Orbi router, insists on trying to connect to one of the satellites downstairs, which is more than 50 feet away, and keeps disconnected most of the time.

With my more than a year's Orbi experience, I don't remember I ever met a firmware version that doesn't have critical issues, the only thing I could do was to pick up one that doesn't affect my usage that much...

Message 25 of 61
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7