Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App 2.2 is Coming Soon!

rivets
Apprentice

And the app is back to being weid again..... It is once again no longer showing which orbi the devices are connected to - just saying RBR50 for all of them. It did this before, and then started working correctly and now has stopped again, all without anything changing. Is it the app or is it the orbi? Who knows.....

Message 51 of 61
rivets
Apprentice

But I have to say I like the traffic meter option which does not seem to be available when you connect to the router. (if you havent swiped up on the main page then you may not have seen this option!)

Message 52 of 61

The history on that speed test in the app, is a nice touch. 

Message 53 of 61
mith_it
Luminary

I’ve had Orbi only for a few weeks. I have had similar issues from the beginning, but it seems a temporary issue. Sometimes 5 minutes later it works again, other times I killed the app, restarted and it worked. The good news is that it’s mostly a way to read data and when you don’t see anything listed it doesn’t mean your router and network are broken
Message 54 of 61
Emperor1
Guide

It's impossibile to download the NETGEAR Orbi App for iPhone since many days, as reported by many users here...

Someone at Netgear can please solve that bad issue ASAP ?

Thanks, kind regards

Message 55 of 61
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The app should now be able to download from the IOS store.

DarrenM

Message 56 of 61
BobDuke
Apprentice

Can we get it fixed for Android tablets? 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 57 of 61
BobDuke
Apprentice

I like the number of improvements in this version. What do the colored dots on the network map mean?
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 58 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

@DarrenM

@BobDuke wrote:
I like the number of improvements in this version. What do the colored dots on the network map mean?

Message 59 of 61
raven_au
Virtuoso

I'm happy to see the improvements in 2.2.

I was really happy to see that "Link Rate" was reported against devices but soon realized that either it wasn't meant to be included or it hasn't been done properly. The link rate is not reported for any devices associated to satelites which, for me, makes the single most important missing feature of the app not useful.

Is this an mistaken ommision or is there a reason it can't be done at present?

Message 60 of 61
Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Orbi App 2.2 is now available! Please visit the following thread to join the conversation. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-Orbi-App-Now-Available/m-p/1591498#M33775

Message 61 of 61
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7