Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App Pause/Resume function

mediabiz
Aspirant

Orbi App Pause/Resume function

Hi all,

Hoping someone can give me a hand with this.

Got the Orbi RBR50 (Main + Satellite) and overall, works very well. Installed the Orbi app (latest version) on both IOS and Android devices and cannot get the connected device list "Pause/Resume" function to work. I would love to be able to block certain devices from the WiFi when needed (my kids!), but the pause/resume slide switches are there on the app but I can't change them to the pause position.

Any suggestions woulkd be welcome,

Cheers.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi App Pause/Resume function

If you can’t change the switch slide to the pause position then that tells me that your Orbi can be in AP Mode, is it?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

This depends on which version of firmware is in your Orbi.  The "current" firmware apparently does not handle device blocking correctly.  The 2.3.0.32 version which is available for manual installation appears to do better.  I recommend searching the community forum.

(I do not do this myself.)

Message 2 of 4
ekhalil
Master

If you can’t change the switch slide to the pause position then that tells me that your Orbi can be in AP Mode, is it?
Message 3 of 4
mediabiz
Aspirant

You're a legend! I reckon that's what it will be. I have to use the Orbi in AP mode running off my internet providers crappy router. I've got no choice but to use theirs as they wont give me the VOIP password to use on another router but at least I can turn off the WiFi and use the Orbi as an AP.

Great, thanks for your help, disappointing but at least I know what the issue is now.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7