Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App

MyOrbiGear
Initiate

Orbi App

What’s up with the Orbi app? Why can I not access my router from outside the house. My cheap linksys could do this. My wife is having problems with the WiFi at home and I cannot help here. Why did I spend all this money for partially built out product. Is more access to come in the app?
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
eljarviso
Luminary

Re: Orbi App

You can use it outside your network if you've enabled remote access on your router beforehand. 

Message 2 of 5
MyOrbiGear
Initiate

That is not an option on my Orbi app. It says it will only connect with routers that I am connected to. So the app has to see an orbi network before it will connect. I should have an option to log into my account and then access my router. I do not see that option in the app. Thanks for your help tho.
Message 3 of 5
eljarviso
Luminary

You'll need to enable all of your features from within the WebUI located at https://orbilogin.com  .  You will need to do this from your home network.  From here you can setup remote access.

Message 4 of 5
tagteam
Virtuoso

MyOrbiGear wrote:
That is not an option on my Orbi app....

I am fairly certain you need to use the Netgear genie app for your purposes; the Orbi app does not (yet) have remote functionality.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7