Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi CBR40 no ssid, can't connect with ethernet

Bhaale
Aspirant

Orbi CBR40 no ssid, can't connect with ethernet

Orbi CBR40 does not display an SSID. I've also tried to connect to it with ethernet on two different devices and can't find it. I've factory reset it over 12 times. When connected to coax, it's lighting up 4 solid blue lights and the top is pulsating white.

I tried support, but I bought it second hand and not paying $90 to spend 6 more hours trying to fix it. This is my last hurrah before shipping it back to the seller. Thank you ahead of time for looking at this and helping if you are able.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 9
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi CBR40 no ssid, can't connect with ethernet

@Bhaale wrote:
Orbi CBR40 does not display an SSID. I've also tried to connect to it with ethernet on two different devices and can't find it. I've factory reset it over 12 times. When connected to coax, it's lighting up 4 solid blue lights and the top is pulsating white.

I tried support, but I bought it second hand and not paying $90 to spend 6 more hours trying to fix it. This is my last hurrah before shipping it back to the seller. Thank you ahead of time for looking at this and helping if you are able.

Not sure how you factory reset. But try this:

unplug the orbi from the wall, leaving the power supply plugged into the orbi. Wait at least 3 minutes, then hold down the reset button and plug the power supply into the wall. turn on Orbi while still holding the reset button. When the power light blinks amber, let go of the reset button and allow time to restart. Once finished, it is ready to be re-configured as if it was new. If this fails, you could have purchased a bad unit.

Message 2 of 9
Bhaale
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick response! I'm going to try this right away and I'll let you know.

Message 3 of 9
Bhaale
Aspirant

@Mstrbig wrote:

@Bhaale wrote:

Not sure how you factory reset. But try this:

unplug the orbi from the wall, leaving the power supply plugged into the orbi. Wait at least 3 minutes, then hold down the reset button and plug the power supply into the wall. turn on Orbi while still holding the reset button. When the power light blinks amber, let go of the reset button and allow time to restart. Once finished, it is ready to be re-configured as if it was new. If this fails, you could have purchased a bad unit.

So I tried resetting this way and it was pretty much the same.  I actually never got any amber lights, but the up/down/internet lights blinked purple or pink and white for a second, then the same thing (solid blue power, blinking up/second light).  Unfortunately, I still can't see an SSID or connect directly to it. I also tried resetting again and holding the pin on the reset for a solid 5 minutes and nothing else changed.  Thank you for your help.
Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

IF your unit was a recent purchase, I would return the system to the seller and let them know about this unit needs to go back to NG. 

If not a recent purchase, I would make contact with NG support and ask for help and information on this. An RMA maybe needed. 

@vkdelta 

Good Luck. 

@Bhaale wrote:
So I tried resetting this way and it was pretty much the same.  I actually never got any amber lights, but the up/down/internet lights blinked purple or pink and white for a second, then the same thing (solid blue power, blinking up/second light).  Unfortunately, I still can't see an SSID or connect directly to it. I also tried resetting again and holding the pin on the reset for a solid 5 minutes and nothing else changed.  Thank you for your help.

Message 5 of 9
Bhaale
Aspirant

Thanks again for your response! I wanted to provide an update: I initiated a return to the seller and let them know that the product is defective.  In the meantime, I actually ended up getting a netgear modem, then the Orbi RBK50 and it's phenomenal.  I was able to get it setup in minutes and the coverage/range is incredible.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 9
cnoz
Aspirant

Thank you! This worked for me!
Message 8 of 9