Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi: Can I roll back Firmware Upgrade?

chicosan
Initiate

Orbi: Can I roll back Firmware Upgrade?

Orbi Router RBR50, with 3 satellites RBS50

My Orbi mesh worked fine until I upgraded my firmware on January 8. My old Firmware version was V2.3.5.30, the new one is V2.5.2.4. Since the upgrade, the Router works fine, but the Satellites keep droopping the wifi, then re-starting. This messes up network access on our phones, and causes interrupts in music  streaming.

I have tried everything I can think of, including re-syncing, power cycles etc etc. My only solution so far is to turn off the satellites, and not use wifi in those parts of the house. Not ideal.

Can I roll back the firmare update to a version that works?

Thanks, Chico

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi: Can I roll back Firmware Upgrade?

There's actually 2 newer versions if you wanted to try updating before you try the downgrade. 

but you can downgrade. its pretty easy. You just download the firmware for your devices from your support page and then follow the manual firmware update process. Make sure to change the satellites first. 

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

Message 2 of 3
chicosan
Initiate

Re: Orbi: Can I roll back Firmware Upgrade?

Thanks, I will try the newest version first.

I am slightly surprised, because the automatic update process says there is no newer version, but if there is, that's great!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7