Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi + Circle Blocking Lots of URLs

drazzig
Aspirant

Orbi + Circle Blocking Lots of URLs

Hi all,

I'm getting very frustrated with Orbi + Disney Circle in our household and its leading to lots of arguments with my teenage son. Sometime a few months ago, it looks like Circle started blocking everything that wasn't explicitly whitelisted. Pages that worked before like github.com started loading without CSS because the CSS urls were being blocked ( i.e. githubassets.github.com) and to get anything working I need to go into custom filters and keep adding domains that are allowed for the sites to work.Same for Discord, his school websites, Google docs, etc.

If I switch his profile to no filtering, everything works fine but then we lose tracking and ability to limit time. If I put it on Teen or Adult profile then we're back to sites or CSS domains on those sites getting blocked unless I explicitly add it to the list of allowed URLs on his profile. I just tried it myself just now on his profile and even a safe site like hotmail.com is getting filtered too. This means he's constantly nagging me to keep unblocking domains to keep things working.

I've updated our router and sattelite to the latest firmware (V2.3.5.12_1.0.8) and tried every setting I can imagine to allow the internet work work with the Tean or Adult profile enabled without it blocking sites or related domains for static content that shouldn't be filtered out.

Does anyone know how to fix this or how it appears to have changed in the past year? 

Thanks

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi + Circle Blocking Lots of URLs

My impression is that most of us who participate regularly in this Orbi forum have little experience with Disney Circle.

You are much more likely to get a useful response by posting in the forum specifically devoted to Circle:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle 

Message 2 of 4
drazzig
Aspirant

Thanks I will repost there

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for understanding.  It's not that we don't want to help.  We just don't know very much about Circle.  (I know nothing at all except that people post problems that often seem to be tied to Circle.)  I hate to think of someone waiting for a response when it's not coming.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7