Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Circle Issues

gjayw
Aspirant

Orbi Circle Issues

Had a couple of issues with my Orbi system since installing Circle, maybe a co-incidence but various devices stopped working allthough showing no filter applied & the Orbi has rebooted a few times, as well as this the device list on the app shows no devices connected although there are at least 20. I have now taken off the circle app and disabled parental controls and all seems to be back to working as expected including all the devices now showing in the orbi app device list, bit dissapointing as this system has been outstanding up until now and i quit likes the idea of the safe search feature on the parental controls. Anyone had anything similar and if so were you able to resolve it?  firmware version is 2.1.1.16

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Circle Issues

These issues should be resolved in the latest firmware. Please make sure your Orbi system is up to date.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Stevoiii
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue. Love orbi and love the circle "concept" and actually have been wondering why they have never had the ability to control access by Mac address for children useage control. Never had a single issue since installed 6+ months ago. I installed the circle app and now I have issues. Seems like a "rush job" to add circle control to orbi because some of the options say "coming soon" . I am going to remove it for now in the hopes they get it working in the future. Not sure how the QC testing works at Netgear but something tells me they need to improve upon it! Hopefully someone higher up at Netgear sees these posts and realize that the current setup with circle is NOT a good customer experience!
Message 2 of 4
angr
Star

I posted this in the firmware discussion thread as well, but my router's CPU utilization dropped from ~75-85% down to ~12% when I disabled Circle.

I never installed the Circle app or started to finetune it in any way, just enable/disable made that difference by itself. I'll keep away from it for now. 

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

These issues should be resolved in the latest firmware. Please make sure your Orbi system is up to date.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7