Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Configuration - Issue is 2 separate networks at home for all my apparatus, please HELP !!!

BIBI1976
Aspirant

Orbi Configuration - Issue is 2 separate networks at home for all my apparatus, please HELP !!!

Hello,

Just bought Orbi system, fantastic wifi performance and coverage! Congrats to Netgears Eng'g team

Issue I'm facing is the following: I can't have all my devices at home under the same and UNIQUE newtwork as I had before my Orbi purchase.

All devices that are connected via Ethernet cable to my cable operator box (IP is 192.168.1.1) are visible each others but can't interface with wireless devices that are under wifi coverage delivered by Orbi (10.0.0.1)

If my iMac has wifi disable, it can't see the rinter that is connected in wifi to the orbi.

I tried to change the IP address of the Orbi, in the range of the cable box (192.168.1.10 for exemple), but a warning message prevents to validate this (Warning : IP address in conflict with IP WAN sub network. Please select another one....

Can you help me to understand what to do if possible?

My sincere and warm thanks in advance for your help

Best

Christian

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
krf007
Star

Re: Orbi Configuration - Issue is 2 separate networks at home for all my apparatus, please HELP !!!

Plug a device into the Orbi Router and see if that fixes the issue.  If the router does now have enough open ethernet ports then you may need to add a switch to the router.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Orbi Configuration - Issue is 2 separate networks at home for all my apparatus, please HELP !!!

@BIBI1976 wrote:

Hello,

cable operator box (IP is 192.168.1.1) are visible each others but can't interface with wireless devices that are under wifi coverage delivered by Orbi (10.0.0.1)

My sincere and warm thanks in advance for your help

Best

Christian

hi

so you have 2 choices 

bridge the cable operator box ( make and model please ) and run the orbi in router mode behind it 

or

leave the cable box as it is and run the orbi in AP mode ( this is prob the easiest thing for you to do ) , this will also see all your clients on the same subnet and able to see each other 

see

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

to change the orbi to AP mode go to advanced and administration , select ap mode , click save and your done 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7