Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi - Configuring wired ethernet - backhaul and fronthaul RBR50 and RBS50

MRSKYLINE13
Aspirant

Orbi - Configuring wired ethernet - backhaul and fronthaul RBR50 and RBS50

Trying to setup my ORBI RBS50  with a wired backhaul. I have it set up like https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy..., but it still says it is connected via wireless.  I only have one Satelite.

I would assume that if the ORBI decects a wired connection (which is a boat load faster) it would use that instead of trying to connect via wireless.  However we all know what ASSUME means, so any help would be great.  

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 3
MRSKYLINE13
Aspirant

Re: Orbi - Configuring wired ethernet - backhaul and fronthaul RBR50 and RBS50

I just updated both Sat and Router's firmware to 2.1.3.4 and still get the same thing.  

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi - Configuring wired ethernet - backhaul and fronthaul RBR50 and RBS50

You need to factory reset the router and satellite then set up from scratch.

Set up the router first. Then add the satellite via wireless. After this, then connect a LAN cable between the router and satellite. Give 5 minutes for the system to re-configure and come to ready on wired back haul.

Any network switches between the router and satellite?

Cat 6 LAN cable recommended.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7