Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Connecting

Tendude
Aspirant

Orbi Connecting

I had a HORRIBLE time connecting my recently purchased ORBI. QC codes did not work in the app and manual pairing attempts failed (can not detect) multiple times. After multiple attempts, the RBS50v2 finally connected with the RBR50 as the router, the RBS50 as a satellite, and my new RBS50v2 as the other satellite (basically forming an upside down "Y" in the ORBI app. Last night when I went to bed, I checked on the ORBI and it now shows the satellites connected in parallel with one another?!?!? In other words, the Router is connected to a satellite and that satellite is connected to the new RBS50v2 Orbi. Few questions:

Why did that happen- "Y" configuration changing to parallel?
Is there any advantage to having them in parallel?
Is it better to have them connected in the upside down "Y" as it was initially (I'm guessing there is an advantage to having it this way)
What is the speed difference between the 2 configurations
What would you recommend?

Thank you 🙂

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi Connecting

Turn off Daisy Chaining and the satellite will connect to the router. Daisy chaining is good if you have a satellite further away in sort of a straight line. But if you are setup the way you describe, then you may be betetr off with Daisy Chaining turned off.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

Turn off Daisy Chaining and the satellite will connect to the router. Daisy chaining is good if you have a satellite further away in sort of a straight line. But if you are setup the way you describe, then you may be betetr off with Daisy Chaining turned off.

Message 2 of 4
Tendude
Aspirant

Thank you for your help.  I do not see that option in the ORBI app.  How do I turn off daisy chaining?

Message 3 of 4
Tendude
Aspirant

I figured it out!  Thank you again 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements