Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Current device does not support Armor

cdzo72
Apprentice

Orbi Current device does not support Armor

Hello to all. I have an Orbi RBK53. When I manually updated the firmware to version 2.5.1.8 I began getting a message when I would try to connect remotely that says...

Current device does not support Armor, Press Ok to go to Notification Center

and once I am in the Orbi app, Armor does not show...

I reiterate, connecting with the Orbi app locally, I do not get this message, nor did I receive it with firmware 2.5.0.XX, only when I updated to 2.5.1.8.

Any ideas on what I can do or who I need to contact? Attaching pics...

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Current device does not support Armor

Please post about this in the Armor app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor

Factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch. Use a wired PC or laptop connected to the RBR, Walk thru the setup wizard. When you get to the end of the wizard and complete it, Armor should present a window to enabled it or not. 

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 4
cdzo72
Apprentice

Thanks FURRYe38. Although not sure why in the Armor app because the Armor app is not sending me the notification, it comes from the Netgear Orbi app. But I will give it a shot. I also should have mentioned that I have been through resetting the Orbi, I do that after any update and bi-monthly anyway because unfortunately the firmware that Netgear pushes out is disgustingly buggy. I'm just waiting for UniFi to get their home mesh system ironed out so I can jump ship because Orbi has gotten to be more headache that any advantages it gives.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements