Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi DHCP address range configurable?

ed1chandler
Aspirant

Orbi DHCP address range configurable?

It would *appear* that, no matter what IP and subnet mask you tell Orbi to use, DHCP will only assign the first 252 addresses.

(i.e. If you change to 172.16.0.1\22, Orbi will only open the last octet up for DHCP, and only allow addresses ending in 0.2 through 0.254.)

Is this a limitation of the system or is there a way to configure the third octet of DHCP addresses and I'm just missing it?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Ed1chandler

Can you send me a PM with your name, Email, and phone number I want to get you to support to work with you on this issue.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
ed1chandler
Aspirant

You're going to need to explain how to do that, since it's not apparent either from this screen, or from your profile screen.

Meanwhile, the Orbi app won't connect either.  I see a lot of people having that problem.  I guess I'd like to know the app (iOS) knows to connect with your particular Orbi.

Message 3 of 9
st_shaw
Master

To send a PM: Click on his username.  On his profile page there is a big button at the top left that says "Send this user a private message."

Message 4 of 9
ed1chandler
Aspirant

If that were the case, I wouldn't have asked.  It says, "Contact me", but only shows his online status and nothing is clickable.

Message 5 of 9
ed1chandler
Aspirant

However, *your* profile does have the big button you mentioned.

Message 6 of 9
st_shaw
Master

@ed1chandler wrote:

However, *your* profile does have the big button you mentioned.

Weird.  Darren's profile has the PM button when I view it.  If you would like to PM me your details I will forward them to Darren for you.

Message 7 of 9
ed1chandler
Aspirant

Came back yesterday (or maybe the day before) and I *could* PM him ... and did so.  (weird)

Anyway, would sure like to be able to serve addresses across a class B. 🙂

Message 8 of 9
ed1chandler
Aspirant

Still no reply from that PM, so this is still unresolved.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7